There are emotional and spiritual benefits to aging for men.
If a man possesses an inner-commitment to personal growth, then growing older will often only increasehis happiness and sense of purpose.
Accelerated aging, however, is when inefficiency of the body’s processes occurs at an unnecessarily high speed.
Here are seven smart strategies than can help a man to lengthen his health span and lifespan – and reducethe risk of growing older faster than he needs to.
1. Find a Doctor that Has a Preventative Mindset
A medical office today will draw blood – for the standard panel tests during a patient’s yearly physical – and the doctor will then say, “When the labs come back, I’ll call you if there’s a problem; otherwise, just assume that everything’s okay.”
It’s as if they’re saying, “Unless you have a disease or abnormal lab results, we don’t need to spend any more time together.”
Medical doctors are often doing the best they can in a system that has become bureaucratic and challenging.
- But what if a patient sees the doctor in order to become even healthier?
- Does this even fit into the “I’ll call you if there’s a problem” paradigm?
What adds to the peculiarity of this dynamic is that “abnormal” is open to interpretation.
Often the normal range that is listed on the lab results is based on the average modern citizen.
If you happen to live in America right now, what is considered normal health – and I don’t enjoy saying this – is pretty bleak.
In that context, to be within “normal” ranges is not necessarily so great.
Perhaps more than just any one particular lifestyle habit, healthy living is really a holistic mindset in which the overall attitude is to honor one’s body and psyche by living within a full circle of wellness.
The underlying assumption is that there is always more to learn and that the mind needs to be open to new solutions.
What if the best year of your life hasn’t happened yet?
My message is simple: it’s only in your thriving that you have anything to offer anyone – therefore, the best investment you can ever make is in your own health.
When you get my free updates you also get instant access to my bonus guide on how to better manage your time, energy, and nutrition.
- the newsletter is for free-thinking, creative types who’ve decided they want to be even healthier than they are now
- the evidence-based, actionable strategies for a better life – that I share freely – are for those intrigued by personal development
- if you are kind and curious, you will likely find this information motivating and helpful
- there’s nothing wrong with someone being rigid in their beliefs, but if that’s you, you’ll likely not enjoy my newsletter (no hard feelings – I wish you well on your journey)
- if you go more than 4 months without opening one of my email messages, you will automatically be unsubscribed
- don’t sign up for my newsletter if you are someone who is not fascinated by human optimization and stellar health
However, if you are someone for whom improved health is becoming a top priority, then I invite you to sign up for my free updates:
Though many people don’t like to visualize themselves aging, those over the age of 50 who are brave enough to consciously imagine their lives decades into the future – and adopt new habits now – are often the ones who end up living the most passionate, fulfilling lives as they get older.
You can utilize new awareness into creating a life map – a map that will help you to navigate this next phase of your life, so that your journey is joyful, and rich with meaning and purpose.